MailScanner issue with postfix

Angela Schwalm aschwalm at WEB.DE
Tue Jul 1 12:38:55 IST 2003

> Oops, sorry, my mistake. It obviously wants those 2 dirs owned by root and
> not postfix. chown and chgrp them back to 0 then restart both Postfixes again.

When I deleted /var/spool/postfix.in/deferred yesterday I got this message:
Jun 30 16:59:49 xxxx MailScanner[15791]: Cannot cd to dir /var/spool/postfix.in/deferred to read messages, No such file or directory

So that means MailScanner looks into the deferred directory. But why does it not recognize the mails in it?