SpamCheck is blank, SpamScore is absent

Jeremy Evans JeremyE at BSA.CA.GOV
Thu Jan 30 00:49:19 GMT 2003

I'm currently testing MailScanner 4.11-1 and all messages I send through it
have a blank SpamCheck, and a missing SpamScore.  I thought this had been
discussed on the mailing list before, but I haven't been able to find it
after some searching.  The logs list "Spam Checks: Starting" and "Virus and
Content Scanning: Starting", but never say that the message is spam even if
I try pretty hard to add a lot of obvious spam phrases to the message.  The
spam.actions.rules files are set to deliver all spam, and the
spam.whitelist.rules file is set to "FromTo: default no".  The
spam.assassin.prefs.conf file hasn't been modified.

If anyone could post the answer again, I'd appreciate it.  Thanks in
advance.

Jeremy Evans
Information Systems Analyst
California State Auditor
916-445-0255 phone
916-322-7801 fax

-- Excerpt from header of message --

------=_NextPart_000_010F_01C2C7B0.3D6388E0

-- Excerpt from maillog --

Jan 29 09:06:31 riviera MailScanner[25974]: New Batch: Scanning 1 messages,
2735 bytes
Jan 29 09:06:31 riviera MailScanner[25974]: Spam Checks: Starting
Jan 29 09:06:31 riviera MailScanner[25974]: Virus and Content Scanning:
Starting
Jan 29 09:06:32 riviera MailScanner[25974]: Uninfected: Delivered 1 messages

-- Excerpt from MailScanner.conf --

Mail Header = X-BSA-MailScanner:
Spam Header = X-BSA-SpamCheck:
Spam Score Header = X-BSA-SpamScore:
Spam Score Character = s
Clean Header Value       = Clean
Infected Header Value    = Infected
Disinfected Header Value = Disinfected
Multiple Headers = append
Hostname = the MailScanner
Sign Messages Already Processed = no
Sign Clean Messages = no
Mark Infected Messages = yes
Mark Unscanned Messages = no
Deliver Cleaned Messages = yes
Scanned Modify Subject = no # end
Filename Subject Text = {Restricted-File-Attachment}
Spam Modify Subject = yes
Spam Subject Text = {Probably-Spam}
High Scoring Spam Modify Subject = yes
High Scoring Spam Subject Text = {Almost-Definitely-Spam}
Spam Checks = no
Is Definitely Not Spam = /opt/MailScanner/etc/rules/spam.whitelist.rules
Is Definitely Spam = /opt/MailScanner/etc/rules/spam.blacklist.rules
Use SpamAssassin = yes
Max SpamAssassin Size = 50000
Required SpamAssassin Score = 5
High SpamAssassin Score = 10
SpamAssassin Auto Whitelist = no
SpamAssassin Prefs File = /opt/MailScanner/etc/spam.assassin.prefs.conf
SpamAssassin Timeout = 60
Max SpamAssassin Timeouts = 20
Check SpamAssassin If On Spam List = yes
Always Include SpamAssassin Report = yes
Spam Score = yes
Spam Actions = /opt/MailScanner/etc/rules/spam.actions.rules
High Scoring Spam Actions =
/opt/MailScanner/etc/rules/spam.high.actions.rules
Sender Spam Report = /opt/MailScanner/etc/reports/en/sender.spam.report.txt
Sender Spam List Report =
/opt/MailScanner/etc/reports/en/sender.spam.rbl.report.txt
Sender SpamAssassin Report =
/opt/MailScanner/etc/reports/en/sender.spam.sa.report.txt
Syslog Facility = mail
Log Spam = yes
Log Permitted Filenames = yes
Debug = no