MailScanner something wrong with new install

Mike Williams mike at TECHINTER.COM
Thu Jan 30 00:16:41 GMT 2003

Have a new MailScanner install on RedHat 7.1 using the RPM.  Everything
seems to have installed correctly and MailScanner starts successfully but
strangely when using ps to see the processes it lists each as defunct and
then all of them go away except one and the pid on that one changes.  The
mqueue.in fills up and none of the messages are process.  The maillog is
repeating that MailScanner is starting....  Message log says MailScanner
started successfully.  I'm sure that I'm missing something but I can't see
it.  Any clues would be great.

Mike Williams
IWC Inc.
30 South Whitney St Suite 1