Mailscanner cron install files

Nerijus Baliunas nerijus at USERS.SOURCEFORGE.NET
Mon Jan 27 20:45:56 GMT 2003

On Mon, 27 Jan 2003 14:17:17 -0600 Joel Colvin <joelc at CTCHOUSTON.COM> wrote:

> During install of MailScanner it installs a few files in the cron.daily
> and cron.hourly directories.  My vote would be to not install these
> files but offer them as needed files similar to the way you end with a
> message about activating the MailScanner service.  I would prefer to be
> able to install but not activate and during my last install on a new
> server the cron files kicked off before I was ready with the rest of the
> setup.

Hmm, /etc/cron.daily/clean.quarantine is disabled by default,
/etc/cron.hourly/update_virus_scanners just updates virus scanners.
check_MailScanner tries to run MailScanner, that's the problem?
It would be better to solve it somehow, but I'd still like these files
to be installed like they are now.

Regards,
Nerijus