Sophos, other AVs

Oliver Siegmar mailings at ULTIMATE-SYSTEMS.DE
Mon Jan 27 18:56:08 GMT 2003

--On Montag, 27. Januar 2003 20:45 +0200 Nerijus Baliunas
<nerijus at USERS.SOURCEFORGE.NET> wrote:

>> I used am*v*s with kaspersky before. But am*v*s is crappy and
>> kav seems to have a very stupid api but the price is just a
>> quarter of f-prot. Are there any chances for a good kav support
>> in mailscanner? Or would you totally discourage from kav?
>
> It works quite normally, what's the problem? Even kavdaemon
> should work in next MS version.

Oh, I didn't said that there is a problem. I just don't like
kaspersky's api to the kavdaemon. What's up with performance when
I just use the scanner? But I guess the API (the overhead) takes
more time than just launching the scanner (which is cached by the OS).

But why is kav-support in beta if it 'works quite normally'? :-)