Console error messages...

Matt Kettler mkettler at EVI-INC.COM
Fri Jan 24 20:02:23 GMT 2003

Agreed, MS calls the SpamAssassin API directly and doesn't call spamc/spamd
or the command-line spamassassin.

Looks like he's also got some kind of procmail deal calling spamc/spamd.
Whoops.. probably don't want to run SA twice on your mail :)

In any event, those messages would imply that he's got typoes, probably
small ones with bad side effects, in his spamassassin config. Typically
things like forgetting a / at the end of a regex does this.

My solution for keeping my ruleset clean and well checked is to use a
symlink root's /root/.spamassassin/user_prefs to the MailScanner
spam.assassin.prefs.conf file, this way I can always lint the same rules
MailScanner is using when I run spamassassin on the command line as the
root user.

I never, ever, edit a spamassassin config without linting it afterwards..
the silliest typos can make half your ruleset be ignored.

spamassassin --lint -LD

This should not complain about having to skip rules, if it does, check what
you just changed.