F-Prot for AIX available ... and small change in output in upcoming version of F-Prot 4.x

Sveinn G. Gunnarsson sveinn at SVEINNG.COM
Fri Jan 24 12:37:45 GMT 2003

Hi ya all !!!

I just received the first beta of F-Prot for AIX yesterday, and got it running
on one of my B50 running AIX 4.3.3 and MailScanner 4.11-1.

I am running F-Prot and Sophos in parallel as scanners at the moment, and so
far, F-prot has not missed 1 virus...

For those of you interested in testing this new beta version for AIX, it can
be downloaded from:   http://www.f-prot.com/download/beta-test/

And Julian...   They are changing the output once again ...
So when people go to version 4, SweepViruses.pm must be changed like this:

539c539
<   $fprot_InCruft=(-4);
---
>   $fprot_InCruft=(-3);

Cheers all,
and Julian...   thx a million for your outstanding MailScanner !!!