Which Virus Scanner

Lush, Richard Richard.Lush at HP.COM
Wed Jan 22 15:58:59 GMT 2003

Sorry my mistake getting confused with f-prot which is free for personal
use (I run MailScanner at home).  Sophos is available for free eval of
30 days. In any case for commercial use I would always recommend buying
the AV product.

-----Original Message-----
From: John B. Hanks [mailto:john.hanks at USU.EDU]
Sent: 22 January 2003 15:30
To: MAILSCANNER at JISCMAIL.AC.UK
Subject: Re: Which Virus Scanner

> http://www.sophos.com/downloads/products/?type=eval fill out
> your info and then you can download Sophos for Linux free
> (even though the link is for eval, it is free to use).

Are you absolutely certain about this? When we attempted to license
Sophos for use with MailScanner, our only option was to license it for
every machine that might receive scanned email on our campus or buy a
site license for all Sophos products for our campus. I'd be interested
to see Sophos documentation that says the Linux version is free to use,
especially if it applies to non-commercial or educational sites. I'd
like nothing more than to give McAfee the boot.

jbh