Which Virus Scanner

Brian Chivers - ICT Support Officer Portsmouth College brian at PORTSMOUTH-COLLEGE.AC.UK
Wed Jan 22 09:42:31 GMT 2003

We're a sophos site.

You only have update the engine every other month, and we use a simple
script that replaces it from the CD we get each month, it takes longer to
open and close the CD then install the upgrade.

Brian Chivers
Portsmouth College
----- Original Message -----
From: "Wayne" <wayne at TELL.NET.AU>
To: <MAILSCANNER at JISCMAIL.AC.UK>
Sent: Wednesday, January 22, 2003 9:35 AM
Subject: Which Virus Scanner

Hi All

Rather than me testing all of the virus scanners that MailScanner supports,
I thought it would be quicker to hear your opions on which virus scanner(s)
you have found to be the easiest to install and keep fully updated. I have
tried Sophos, which works well, but updating the virus engine is a bit of a
pain.

What do you think ?

Also, are there any which are free and support by MailScanner ?

Thanks

Wayne

believed to be clean.

believed to be clean.