Clamav causes mail to hold in mqueue.in

Spicer, Kevin Kevin.Spicer at BMRB.CO.UK
Sat Jan 18 18:03:02 GMT 2003

> My /var/spool/mqueue.in holds all messages when I set "Virus
> Scanners =
> clamav" in /etc/MailScanner/MailScanner.conf.  If I set
> "Virus Scanners
> = none" and restart MailScanner, the mail flows well.  Did I miss
> something somewhere in the Clam or MailScanner config?  Thanks!
>
> Red Hat 7.1
> MailScanner 4.11-1
> Clam 0.54

Don't know if this is relevent to your situation but I had to do the following to get calmav to work with MailScanner

I installed clamav from the Mandrake rpms which put clamscan and freshclam in /usr/bin instead of /usr/local/bin - this meant I had to edit the paths in /usr/lib/MailScanner/clamav-autoupdate and /usr/lib/MailScanner/clamav-wrapper.

I also had to change the 'Minimum Code Status' in MailScanner.conf to 'unsupported' [If your experience with clam is okay you might like to let Julian know to encourage him to boost it up to supported status]

BMRB International
http://www.bmrb.co.uk
+44 (0)20 8566 5000
business.