Installation on SuSe 7.1

Johannes johannes at DSP.DE
Tue Jan 14 19:24:32 GMT 2003

Hi, I just tried to install MailScanner on my SuSE 7.1 installation. Semms
to work fine as Mailscanner starts correct, but when it tries to start the
sendmail deamon I get Error Messages:

mail2:~ # rcMailScanner start
Initializing sendmail and MailScanner/usr/sbin/sendmail: illegal option -- A
startproc:  exit status of /usr/sbin/sendmail: 64
/usr/sbin/sendmail: illegal option -- A
startproc:  exit status of /usr/sbin/sendmail: 64
                                                                      done
mail2:~ #

But I have got 5 Instances of Mailscanner running after trying to start it:

19914 ?        S      0:00 perl -
I/usr/lib/MailScanner /usr/sbin/MailScanner /et
19915 ?        S      0:00 perl -
I/usr/lib/MailScanner /usr/sbin/MailScanner /et
19916 ?        S      0:00 perl -
I/usr/lib/MailScanner /usr/sbin/MailScanner /et
19917 ?        S      0:00 perl -
I/usr/lib/MailScanner /usr/sbin/MailScanner /et
19918 ?        S      0:00 perl -
I/usr/lib/MailScanner /usr/sbin/MailScanner /et
19919 ?        S      0:00 perl -
I/usr/lib/MailScanner /usr/sbin/MailScanner /et
19920 pts/0    R      0:00 ps ax
mail2:~ # check_MailScanner
MailScanner running with pid 19914 19915 19916 19917 19918 19919
mail2:~ #

Only the Sendmal deamon semms not to start...

whats wrong with my Installation? Any Suggestions?

I have the SuSE 8.0 RPM installed, any Problems with that on SuSE 7.1? Is
There a RPM for SuSE 7.1? I also tried the source RPM, without success...

Greets Johannes