Maximum Filename Length

Jeremy Evans JeremyE at BSA.CA.GOV
Tue Jan 14 15:16:54 GMT 2003

I'm trying to write a rule in filename.rules.conf that will block all
attachments over a certain number of characters (in this case, 100).
However, I've been unsuccessful.  I've tried

deny    .{100,} Filename over 100 characters    Filename over 100 characters

and

deny    ^.{100,}$       Filename over 100 characters    Filename over 100
characters

neither of which work (the e-mail just goes through normally).  I'm not an
expert at regular expressions, so maybe I just didn't write it properly.
This entry is the first entry in the file, there are tabs between all of the
fields, and I have rebooted the server between changes, but I when I sent
through an attachment with a filename over 100 characters, it goes through
without being blocked.  Other rules I have written work as expected.

What should I do to get the functionality I want?

Jeremy Evans
Information Systems Analyst
California State Auditor
916-445-0255 phone