Cry for help.

Gerry Doris gerry at DORFAM.CA
Tue Jan 14 01:15:54 GMT 2003

On Mon, 13 Jan 2003, Scott Adkins wrote:

> --On Monday, January 13, 2003 12:06 PM -0500 Steve Ellis
> <ellis at KAZAKCOMPOSITES.COM> wrote:
> Are you sure that the attachment was in there with the virus?  I have
> seen a lot of copies of this email come through some mailing lists, but
> the attachments were stripped out of it.  In some cases, Spam Assassin
> has scored it with 5.5, 5.4 and 3.2 fairly consistent, depending on
> the mail headers, and when the attachment is left in place, it would
> not get checked at all due to file size.
>
> Scott

Well, MailScanner and F-Prot pulled out a big at boss.com message on my
server this morning that had the W32/Sobig.A at mm virus.  This thing came
directly to me and not through a mail list.  On the other hand I've had
several big at boss.com messages from mailing lists that had the attachment
stripped.  It was 89924 bytes in size.

I guess the lesson is that more and more mailing lists are using virus
scanning.

--
Gerry

"The lyfe so short, the craft so long to learne"  Chaucer