problems installing mailscanner in debian

Julian Field mailscanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Mon Jan 13 21:12:13 GMT 2003

Nick says this:

Fix whatever causes hostname to output "Unknown host" I guess...

I haven't really looked at the scripts in the mailscanner 3 package, but I
guess it's
trying to use /bin/hostname to get the name to use in the config file and
finding that
hostname fails.

Maybe check /etc/mailname and /etc/hosts?

Failing that use the Debian BTS to report a bug (if it's possible for
hostname to fail then
the scripts need to handle it, I guess).

--
Julian Field