Redhat Startup Script issue?

Julian Field mailscanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Mon Jan 13 10:22:59 GMT 2003

Is this not a problem with other init.d scripts as well? Do RedHat subtly
make the init.d script names different from the process names in every
case? the shell pidofproc function should look for the PID file before
actually studying the process table if I remember rightly. It's all in
/etc/rc.d/init.d/functions.

--
Julian Field

.

This footnote also confirms that this email message has been swept by MIMEsweeper for the presence of computer viruses