MailScanner_found_Cyrus_boundary_substring_problem_

Julian Field mailscanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Fri Jan 10 22:14:42 GMT 2003

This is a result of a check used to defend against a bug in the Cyrus IMAP
server which is exercised by some versions of Eudora. You have a
multipart/mixed with a multipart/alternative inside it, where the "mised"
MIME boundary is a substring of the "alternative" MIME boundary.

So when MailScanner finds this situation, it changes the inner MIME
boundary to be the string you saw. However, I did test this and it worked
just fine when I tested it...
Are you using the latest MIME tools and so on?

It will only happen to messages created with Eudora which contain "styled"
text (i.e. HTML) as well as plain text, and an attachment.
Is anyone else seeing this problem?
Or could it be a majordomo problem? The fact that it doesn't occur in
messages sent to individual users shows it must be at least mostly correct.

Can you send me (zipped up) the complete message sent to individual users,
and the message sent out by majordomo, so I can compare them please?

--
Julian Field

.

This footnote also confirms that this email message has been swept by MIMEsweeper for the presence of computer viruses

.

This footnote also confirms that this email message has been swept by MIMEsweeper for the presence of computer viruses