Redhat 7.x startup script?

Jim Scott jscott at INFOCONEX.COM
Mon Jan 13 05:04:52 GMT 2003

Found the problem. The startup script that I got refers to mailscanner in
lowercase. The script is running as MailScanner

changing this: killproc mailscanner
to this: killproc MailScanner

Also updating in status area of script worked as well. Things now stop
correctly and report status properly.

Jim

----- Original Message -----
From: <jscott at infoconex.com>
To: <MAILSCANNER at JISCMAIL.AC.UK>
Sent: Sunday, January 12, 2003 8:37 PM
Subject: Redhat 7.x startup script?

I have been changing config files and restarting and assuming that the
mailscanner service was stopping and starting. Turns out it was not. I have
insatlled 4.11-1 from source on my box. Does someone have a script that
works?

I have already tried the one listed on the website oldnews section and it
does not stop the process. Just reports failed.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks
Jim