AW: Cry for help.

Jan-Peter Koopmann Jan-Peter.Koopmann at SECEIDOS.DE
Sat Jan 11 11:10:26 GMT 2003

Remco,

would you mind stopping this childish "Outlook sucks" business?

Thanks,
  JP

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Remco Barendse [mailto:mailscanner at BARENDSE.TO]
Gesendet: Samstag, 11. Januar 2003 11:54
An: MAILSCANNER at JISCMAIL.AC.UK
Betreff: Re: Cry for help.

Alternatively you could use the daily dats for mcafee. These are `beta', I only had a problem with them once, it was blocking one non-infected file but it's well worth the time gain :)

http://download.nai.com/products/mcafee-avert/daily_dats/DAILYDAT.ZIP

Probaby you need to run a little rename command over the files in that ZIP because usually the filenames are in CAPS

Remco

On Fri, 10 Jan 2003, John B. Hanks wrote:

> We are getting pounded by a (new?) virus that always sends from
> big at boss.com. Can someone tell me a quick and dirty way to start
> dropping all mail from this address? McAfee is not detecting it and I
> have added a block for .pif attachments, but would prefer to drop the
> mails altogether.
>
> Thanks
>
> jbh

believed to be clean.