clamav

Spicer, Kevin Kevin.Spicer at BMRB.CO.UK
Thu Jan 9 23:05:26 GMT 2003

> At 20:49 09/01/2003, you wrote:
> >In fact, I don't see a real reason why this software should
> be treated
> >as UNSUPPORTED by MailScanner.
> >Anyone has any comments about this?

I've just added it to my home MailScanner (using fprot and clam now) using the Mandrake rpms (from Cooker).  Seems to work fine, except I had to edit clamav-autoupdate and clamav-wrapper because it was installed in /usr rather than /usr/local by the rpm's.

I'm heisitating to put it on my work box because I'd like to know if there are any other potential risks from changing the minimum code status on a production server.  Frankly I'd be suprised if it caught anything Sophos didn't but you never know!

It would be nice if the virus reports indicated which virus scanner had identified the virus.