Orphaned, undelivered files in mqueue.in

Remco Barendse mailscanner at BARENDSE.TO
Thu Jan 9 21:10:06 GMT 2003

Oops! Correct that, I have checked my logs and it started on January 4th
on 23:59 up untill now.

I didn't really change anything in the config/setup, only yesterday I
upgraded to 4.11 and started tweaking some rulesets.
The strange thing is that these SIGHUPS are logged *exactly* every 5
minutes, usually no more than 2 seconds off!

Hmmmm, I haven't seen any SIGHUPS now for more than 15 minutes. Because
the log mentions MailScanner *child* I raised my number of Max Children =
setting in the MailScanner.conf file. My setting was 2, I changed it back
to 5 again (I don't need 5 child processes running on a home server,
together with SpamAssassin they are just munching up huge amounts of
mem/cpu in case several messages arrive at the same time).

Is there an internal check in MailScanner that checks on the child
processes that may be bugged or hard coded for 5 child processes and kills
the lot off if there's only 2 instances of MS running?

believed to be clean.