Reviving an old idea about renaming forbidden extensions

Remco Barendse mailscanner at BARENDSE.TO
Thu Jan 9 20:27:34 GMT 2003

Is whitelisting by domain really a good idea? If you want to whitelist a
domain it means you'll regularly receive mail from them.

You would need to trust all of the users in the foreign domain to not
send/open any viruses to your site! And chances are that viruses come in
from people you communicate with, not from strangers.

On Thu, 9 Jan 2003, Matthew Bowman wrote:

> On the same topic
>
> What about accepted filenames regardless of extensions.
>
> For example if we wanted to receive send and email that has the same
> filename attachment like projects.exe (archived zip) that contains
> documents, demos, presentations etc? Would it be possible to cater for
> that. Or simply if the domain is 'whitelisted', ignore filename.rules
> altogether?
>
> Matthew

believed to be clean.