Exim and MS 4.11-1

Desai, Jason jase at SENSIS.COM
Wed Jan 8 21:51:13 GMT 2003

My system filter is very simple.  It just logs the email for me into a
directory with the current date.  The filter is:

######
if not first_delivery then finish endif
unseen save /var/log/mail-save/${substr_0_10:${tod_log}}/
######

So is the save what is causing the nonrecipients?  The filter is not
delivering any other email, so I don't think this will be a problem.  This
was set up this way before MailScanner had the ability to archive email.
Maybe I'll have MailScanner do it now.

The Nagios test message I gave you was sent from another server to my pop
account.  Then I used fetchmail to retrieve it, which I think is supposed to
talk to the smtp server using tcp port 25 not calling sendmail or exim
directly.

With your fix, MailScanner has been running fine.  Thanks for your help!

Jason Desai