Attachments are not scanned - no help from anybody?

Spicer, Kevin Kevin.Spicer at BMRB.CO.UK
Wed Jan 8 20:10:47 GMT 2003

> Some configurations from my MailScanner.conf
> =====================================
> Virus Scanning = no
> Filename Rules = /etc/MailScanner/filename.rules.conf
> Quarantine Infections = yes
> Deleted Bad Filename Message Report =
> /etc/MailScanner/reports/en/deleted.filename.message.txt
> Stored Bad Filename Message Report =
> /etc/MailScanner/reports/en/stored.filename.message.txt

Virus Scanning = no turns off all processing of the messages.  I think you want

Virus Scanning = yes
Virus Scanners = none

[The config files suggest you can turn off virus scanning by Virus Scanners = sophos - but I suspect that's an error, maybe its fixed in 4.11?]