[OT] Laptop virus protection ?

Declan Grady Declan.Grady at NUVOTEM.COM
Wed Jan 8 16:58:55 GMT 2003

Hi,
Sorry for the Off Topic, but I cant think of a better place to ask this...

Being a happy mailscanner user, I was surprised to find the W32.Opaserv.Worm
doing the rounds of the win98 lan machines until I tracked it down to one of
the few laptops in use here.

I can only assume this laptop was used to dial an isp, and was infected while
online, then when it physically got 0connected to the lan,
it had bypassed all the security measures.

If this is the case, which is my only explanation, what do you folks use to
avoid this situation happening ?

Is its as simple as individual anti-virus on each of the 5 laptops, and
assume the user will keep it up to date ?

Thanks,
Declan