OT: Dynamically updating /etc/mail/access

Ben C. O. Grimm mailscanner-sub at WIREHUB.NET
Tue Jan 7 23:03:20 GMT 2003

On 7 Jan 2003 00:50:03 +0100, Stewart Lawler <slawler at SYDNEY.NII.COM.AU>
wrote:

> this looks like a great solution - but what is the performance impact?
> The relay machine i'm running mailscanner on at the moment is rather old
> and might not cope with being given much more to do. :-)

The only performance impact will be hashing the database when using the
full list. Shouldn't be too much work though. You don't have to worry about
the size of the resulting db; hash lookups are blazingly fast. Our
access.db is >20 MB in size (we put a lot of extra information in it), and
it gets called at least 2 times per second. I sleep well.

--
- Ben C. O. Grimm ----------------- Ben.Grimm at wirehub.net -
- Wirehub! Internet Engineering - http://www.wirehub.net/ -