Exim and MS 4.11-1

Desai, Jason jase at SENSIS.COM
Tue Jan 7 21:56:48 GMT 2003

Hello.

I am trying to upgrade MS from version 3 to 4.11-1.  I have shut down the
old version and renamed its directory, and I am treating this as a new
install.  But when I run the new version, the spawned processes seem to scan
the mail for spam, then for viruses, and then partially move one message
from the in queue to the out queue before crashing.  Then another process
does the same thing.

I set Debug = yes in the config file and ran MS again, and this is what I
get:

# /usr/local/MailScanner/bin/MailScanner
/usr/local/MailScanner/etc/MailScanner.conf
In Debugging mode, not forking...
Not an ARRAY reference at /usr/local/MailScanner/lib/MailScanner/Exim.pm
line 1082.
Stopping now as you are debugging me.
# Not an ARRAY reference at /usr/local/MailScanner/lib/MailScanner/Exim.pm
line 1082.

After this run, the -D file from one of my messages in the in queue has been
moved to the out queue, and the -H file is nowhere to be found.

I know a little bit of perl, and took a look at Exim.pm, but I don't know
what it is supposed to be doing.  It must be something I've configured
wrong, as nobody else seems to be having this problem.  Any ideas?

I am using Exim 3.35.  Here are some lines from my config file - I can post
the whole thing if needed:

Run As User = mail
Incoming Queue Dir = /var/spool/exim_incoming/input
Outgoing Queue Dir = /var/spool/exim/input
MTA = exim
Sendmail = /usr/sbin/exim
Sendmail2 = /usr/sbin/exim -C /etc/exim_outgoing.conf
Deliver In Background = yes
Delivery Method = batch

Thanks for any thoughts.

Jason Desai