ok to link /opt/ms to /usr/local/ms ???

Julian Field mailscanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Tue Jan 7 21:59:32 GMT 2003

At 20:58 07/01/2003, you wrote:
>    I prefer to run mailscanner out of /usr/local/mailscanner instead of
>    /opt/mailscanner.   Is there any reason I should not just
>    ln -s /usr/local/mailscanner /opt/mailscanner

Not that I can think of. If you do
         ln -s /usr/local/MailScanner-4.11-1 /opt/mailscanner
then you will find upgrading to a new version much easier.

>  instead of changing
>    all the directory entries in the code?   TIA!

You don't need to touch the code, just all the config files and the shell
scripts.
The one exception to that is the very first line of
/opt/MailScanner/bin/MailScanner.

>National High Magnetic Field Laboratory        Phone:  (850) 644-1657
>1800 E. Paul Dirac Drive                       Tallahassee, FL 32310

Can I add you to my "list of users" web page please? Your lab would look
good on the list :-)
--
Julian Field