SpamAssassin timeout -- suggested fix?

Julian Field mailscanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Tue Jan 7 18:59:58 GMT 2003

For the adventurous among you, I've come up with an idea to improve the RBL
timeout in SpamAssassin problem. What I wanted to be able to do was disable
the RBL checking that SpamAssassin does, without disabling SpamAssassin
completely.

It's in SA.pm. There is a line that says "sub Checks {" which is the start
of the "Checks" subroutine. About 10 lines down there is a chunk of code
that says

   return (0,0,
     sprintf(MailScanner::Config::LanguageValue($message,'sadisabled'),
             $maxfailures), 0)
     if $maxfailures>0 &&
        $safailures>=$maxfailures;

Please change that to

   $MailScanner::SA::SAspamtest->{conf}->{skip_rbl_checks} = 1
     if $maxfailures>0 &&
        $safailures>=$maxfailures;

Then hopefully instead of disabling SpamAssassin altogether, it will just
disable the RBL checking in it. The bit I haven't done yet is a way of
still disabling SA altogether if it continues to fail even after stopping
its RBL checks.
--
Julian Field