SpamAssassin timeout

Rose, Bobby brose at MED.WAYNE.EDU
Tue Jan 7 18:49:11 GMT 2003

MS does interfer with delivery.  Mail comes into the incoming queue and
will sit there until MS scans it and drops it into the outgoing queue if
you have it set to the queue option.  If it's set to batch then it
actually fires off a sendmail process to deliver it.  So in effect it
does have a lot to do with delivery.

Regardless of all that, what I've seen with the 4.11-1 code is that
there is something going on either with the automatic 4 hr restart or
with the starting of new processes after that 4hr restart.

This morning I had 700 message in the incoming queue with 3 MS processes
and no RBL checks being done by SA so I'm not seeing the SA timeouts.
After I killed MS and restarted it, everything cleared up again.  So
there is something else going on here.

-----Original Message-----
From: Mike Kercher [mailto:mike at CAMAROSS.NET]
Sent: Tuesday, January 07, 2003 12:21 PM
To: MAILSCANNER at JISCMAIL.AC.UK
Subject: Re: SpamAssassin timeout

Since MS has nothing to do with mail delivery, I don't think you can
point the finger at it.  Yesterday, about 2PM CST, I started getting
complaints from people not being able to send email...connections were
timing out while sendmail attempted to look up via osirusoft.  I removed
that from my sendmail.cf, and everything started to flow again.