SpamAssassin timeout

Spicer, Kevin Kevin.Spicer at BMRB.CO.UK
Tue Jan 7 15:28:25 GMT 2003

> >Is it possible to test if the RBL-server answer and if not
> >just skip it and do the rest?
>
> SpamAssassin can't do that. If you do the RBL checking with
> MailScanner, it
> will do what you want. SpamAssassin isn't very robust when
> services it is
> using fail.

My understanding (read assumption!) was that if you use MailScanner to do the RBL checks, and then pass to SpamAssassin for further checks that any message from a host found in the RBL  will be marked as SPAM, even if the spamassassin score would have been lower than the spam threshold.  In other words the mailscanner RBL checks and the spamassassin checks are completely seperate(?).