OT: Dynamically updating /etc/mail/access

Ben C. O. Grimm mailscanner-sub at WIREHUB.NET
Mon Jan 6 21:14:02 GMT 2003

On 6 Jan 2003 17:29:59 +0100, "Andrew M. Hoying" <andrewh at CQG.COM> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Every day I go through and pull the top spamming domains and relays,
> except for the common ones that legitimate mail also comes from, verify
> them in net-abuse.sightings and add them to /etc/mail/access as
> REJECTed. Is there any program which dynamically updates with new
> spamming domains, and verified by a human, which can be used to update
> the /etc/mail/access.db file in near real time, instead of a day later
> like I usually do?

If you have rsync, try this one:

http://basic.wirehub.nl/spamlist-usage.html

The spamlist (http://basic.wirehub.nl/spamlist-extended.txt, 3,5 MB) is
updated every hour. If you like, you can just use the domain names by
grepping "JUNK$" from http://basic.wirehub.nl/spamlist.txt.

--
- Ben C. O. Grimm ----------------- Ben.Grimm at wirehub.net -
- Wirehub! Internet Engineering - http://www.wirehub.net/ -