Scanner update result in log

Julian Field mailscanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Fri Jan 3 17:34:16 GMT 2003

At 17:23 03/01/2003, you wrote:
>Hi all,
>
>Just upgraded to v4.11, wich went perfectly!
>
>However, when running the new scanner update script (my compliments for
>that), I only get a success result for f-prot in my log, and not for
>sophos:
>
>Jan  3 18:01:03 ram1 update.virus.scanners: Found f-prot installed
>Jan  3 18:01:03 ram1 update.virus.scanners: Updating f-prot
>Jan  3 18:01:05 ram1 F-Prot autoupdate[23625]: F-Prot successfully
>updated.
>Jan  3 18:01:05 ram1 update.virus.scanners: Found sophos installed
>Jan  3 18:01:05 ram1 update.virus.scanners: Updating sophos
>
>Is there a difference between the update routines for f-prot and sophos?

I have a feeling the Sophos one is silent. You can always add a line to
/usr/lib/MailScanner/sophos-autoupdate
so that it prints something. It's just that, as it is run by cron, you will
get all the output mailed to you. I use the Sophos one so I wrote it to be
quiet. Sorry they aren't consistent :-(
--
Julian Field