Regarding a good but not to hard RBl and upgrade/reinstall

Julian Field mailscanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Fri Jan 3 15:26:53 GMT 2003

At 15:03 03/01/2003, you wrote:
>I was planning to use an RBL in sendmail but Im not sure
>which one to use. Since IM not to experinced at this
>I was hoping somone could recommend a good but pretty
>safe RBL. We prolly get around 500 msg's a day that makes it
>all the way to exchange and then get bounced.
>Planning to make a routine for extracting adresses from
>exchange and build aliases but this could be a short cut until
>thats done.... any  suggestions?

ORDB is good. Very few problems with them.

>Oh, btw, any recommendation regarding upgrade to newest version.
>Uninstall prevous or just do upgrade?

Just upgrade. If you are using the RPM distribution, then you only need to
upgrade the actual mailscanner*rpm file, you don't need to re-run
install.sh. Be warned that you will need to check your configuration file
carefully. In particular, definitely look out for
         PID File (new)
         PID Dir (old and removed)
         Language Strings (new)
They are the 3 most important changes in there, and it will object if they
aren't right.
--
Julian Field