Announce: mailscanner-mrtg version 0.04 is out!

Gerry Doris gerry at DORFAM.CA
Wed Jan 1 20:44:20 GMT 2003

On Tue, 31 Dec 2002, Dale Lovelace wrote:

> Hi!
>
>   I have a new version of mailscanner-mrtg, Here is the latest
> changelog:
>
> 0.04    Dec 15, 2002
>         Changed subs to use sar for cross-platform (Solaris???):
>                 iptraffic
>                       remove Ethernet Device File from
> mailscanner-mrtg.conf
>                       add gauge option to mailscanner-mrtg.cfg
>                 loadavg
>                 memory
>         Die on even more things if not in $Config array
>         Increase MaxBytes for mailbytes in mailscanner-mrtg.cfg
>         Add the ability to restart MailScanner if processes are low
>
>   As always mailscanner-mrtg is available in Red Hat RPM format and
> .tar.gz  from:
>
> http://mailscanner-mrtg.netfirms.com/
>

>   Additional Credits in this release:
>
> Mike Brock pressed the send button for this email! He also spell-checked
> it!!!
>
>   Good Luck!
>
>   Dale Lovelace
>   System Administrator
>   hotels.com
>   (214) 361-7311 Ext. 1074

Dale, once again, thanks for the package.  I've started to rely a lot on
those graphs but not just for MailScanner.  I noticed the other day when I
logged in from work that the cpu utilization was stuck at 100%.  Turned
out that my faxmodem had become wedged for some reason (never had that
happen before??).

However. I found that the amount of detail on the ethernet chart to be too
much for the resolution being used.  Also, I have no idea how to use the %
data.  It doesn't make any sense to me.  I've commented out the option
line in mailscanner-mrtg.cfg so that it doesn't bother with the % and just
uses the default data.  I find that more useful.

Thanks again for your package!

--
Gerry

"The lyfe so short, the craft so long to learne"  Chaucer