Problem with ClamAV...

Walker Aumann walkera-mailscanner at OFB.NET
Thu Feb 27 19:10:55 GMT 2003

"Spicer, Kevin" wrote:
> Hmmm, how did you install Sophos?  Did you use the Sophos.install script (t=
> he reason I ask is that sweep doesn't usually work if you installed it this=
>  way)

No, I used Sophos's install.sh.

I found the "problem" with Sophos not picking up the virus via MailScanner
(which gracious help from their tech support) - I didn't realize the Eicar
code had to be in an attachement.  I had it as the text of the message, not
an attachment, and expected it to be picked up.  Sending it that way, both
Sophos and ClamAV have no problems.

So, I'm now successfully using ClamAV following the instructions given with
no serious problems.