S/MIME

Steve Evans sevans at FOUNDATION.SDSU.EDU
Wed Feb 26 17:41:45 GMT 2003

I was debating with someone on another list about the differences
between some multi-thousand dollar spam-filtering software and
MailScanner/SpamAssassin.

Here was one of his comments.

        Two pieces of S/MIME goodness:

        - block/quarantine any messages sent using S/MIME to a
particular domain or domains (e.g. encrypted mail from
joe at microsoft.com to jane at lotus.com)

        - block/quarantine any messages NOT sent using S/MIME (e.g. mail
from billg at microsoft.com to some_lawyer at biglaw.com)

        These features alone are worth the cost for many enterprises,
where fear of legal hassles often outweighs purchase and maintenance
costs.

Might be a worthy feature.  Let me know if it's possible so I can
continue my argument.  Thanks.

Steve Evans
SDSU Foundation
(619) 594-0653