SpamAssassin 2.50 Problems

Steve Freegard steve.freegard at LBSLTD.CO.UK
Wed Feb 26 10:28:36 GMT 2003

I noticed on the SA-talk list that SA 2.50 uses different rules depending if
you have RBL/DCC/Razor/Pyzor & Bayes enabled.

If you are doing RBL using MailScanner with RBL disabled in
spam.assassin.prefs.conf but are doing RBL checking when running SA through
procmail would probably explain the differences.

If this is the case then I would ask the question on the sa-talk list
because the results are quite different.

Just a thought.

Regards,
Steve.

At 23:44 25/02/2003, you wrote:
>Ok, I've included portions of a header of a message picked at ramdom from
>a Redhat list.  Notice that the tests are exactly the same but the scores
>are totally different.  How can this be?  BTW, I'm running MS 4.12-2.

Are both calls being done as root? If not, there could be differences in
the contents of the AWL. Have you customised the score of any rule? Does
one version have auto-whitelisting enabled and one not? (Remember they will
be using slightly different config files which will affect the operation
and scores).

--
Julian Field

the system manager.