MailScanner support

Gerry Doris gerry at dorfam.ca
Tue Feb 25 21:57:30 GMT 2003

> At 15:20 25/02/2003, you wrote:
>>is a possible twist on this idea making a new list
>>that only those that 'subscribe' can post, but all can
>>view?
>
> That's not a bad idea. I will have to find out if the mailing list
> server I use (which has done me very well so far) has the option of
> doing this. Otherwise I will have to run my own to do it. I might end up
> running www.mailscanner.info and mailscanner.biz on their own server
> anyway, due to problems hosting commercial operations on academic
> networks.
> --
> Julian Field
> www.MailScanner.info

privileged who are able to pay then you will end up with a different mix
of users.  I suggest that before long you'll have virtually all business
users.  If that's what you want then just go fully commercial and forget
about the home/hobby users altogether.

I believe that the most outstanding aspect of MailScanner is the support
that you personally provide.  It goes far beyond what any other product,
commercial or otherwise, offers.  All someone has to do is request a
feature and you provided it...often within hours.  I'm not talking about
bug fixes but about features.

Perhaps you need to revisit this.  Maybe requests for new features should
be added to a list which you prioritize and decide if it will make
MailScanner a better package.  Those wishing to pay would obviously
influence how you view the request.

In other words, you might want to consider building a roadmap of features
you'd like to include in MailScanner and then working on them in a
disciplined and managed manner that corresponds to the time you have
avialable.

Just my $0.02.

Gerry