MailScanner support

Craig Pratt craig at STRONG-BOX.NET
Tue Feb 25 17:37:22 GMT 2003

<x-flowed>
On Tuesday, February 25, 2003, at 02:15  AM, Julian Field wrote:
> At 04:56 25/02/2003, you wrote:
>> Julian: Your stance is perfectly justified. But for you, users would
>> have
>> paid some Bill, Tom, Dick and Harry! Why not you instead for such
>> selfless
>> service.
>
> Thankyou all for such kind comments!
>
> The next obvious question is this: what kinds of support service are
> you
> most likely to use?
>
> The options so far are these (in no particular order):
>
> 1. Membership of private, closed, high-priority mailing list
> 2. Traditional annual support contract
> 3. Regular installation of new releases and updated anti-virus engines
> 4. Advice on configuration and installation, paid for as needed
> 5. Remote testing and inspection to ensure your setup looks sane and
> should
> work
> 6. Out of hours support of all the types above (perhaps out-of-hours
> installation of new releases?)
> 7. Support paid for per-incident, possibly paying for a block of time
> in
> advance. How you use the time is up to you.

I think we would use 5, 6, or 7 in a pinch. But I don't know if there's
be much recurring revenue. Us geeks have our pride. ;^)

> And any other options I haven't thought of?

How about beating the donation drum some more? I think there'd be warm
response to that idea - and there's no legalize and little
administration to worry about.

Maybe go with the US Public Broadcasting System model - where one
donates $100 per year and gets a t-shirt, or $500 and gets a t-shirt
and a set of pint mugs with the MS logo? Or - how's this - an
*autographed* MailScanner CD or T-shirt. I'm up for that!

Craig

> --
> Julian Field
> www.MailScanner.info

This message checked for dangerous content by MailScanner on StrongBox.
</x-flowed>