MailScanner support

Brett Moss bamcomp at YAHOO.COM
Tue Feb 25 15:20:10 GMT 2003

--- Julian Field <mailscanner at ECS.SOTON.AC.UK> wrote:
> At 04:56 25/02/2003, you wrote:
> >Julian: Your stance is perfectly justified. But for
> you, users would have
> >paid some Bill, Tom, Dick and Harry! Why not you
> instead for such selfless
> >service.
>
> Thankyou all for such kind comments!
>
> The next obvious question is this: what kinds of
> support service are you
> most likely to use?
>
> The options so far are these (in no particular
> order):
>
> 1. Membership of private, closed, high-priority
> mailing list

i'm not sure you are asking for feedback on this list,
but.....
i'm philosophically opposed to option #1 here.
i'd hate to see the flow of ideas limited to a few.
some people have said on this list as well as others
that it is used as a learning tool for MailScanner as
well as the various operating systems the package runs
on.
is a possible twist on this idea making a new list
that only those that 'subscribe' can post, but all can
view?

thanks,
brett

> And any other options I haven't thought of?
> --
> Julian Field
> www.MailScanner.info
> MailScanner thanks transtec Computers for their
support