Mailscanner 4.12-2 + Spamassassin 2.50 == Mail Server breaks badly.

D. Höhn dh at UPTIME.AT
Mon Feb 24 11:38:42 GMT 2003

Hello.

The guys over at spamassassin said, that I should report my issue here to
find a common thread for this obvisouly reported issue.

To make it easier for you, this is the setup we are running

Latest Sophos
Perl 5.6.1
sendmail 8.12.7
Mailscanner 4.12-2
COMPAQ AlphaServer DS10 617 MHz is the System

The symptoms are as follows:

When running 2.50 the Mailscanner behaves quite odd

a) The load shoots sky High
b) The RFC based checks time out
c) The spamassassin times out
d) only 1 message is processed even though Mailscanner sees a batch of more
than 1 message
e) nothing is delivered to the outgoing mail queue.

Is there any other debug output you might need?

Thank you

-d