Warning Is Attachment = no

Julian Field mailscanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Sun Feb 23 14:37:35 GMT 2003

At 14:23 23/02/2003, you wrote:
>I have some problems with Warning Is Attachment = no in the config file.
>I want to have all the mailscanner text in the email body
>it does not work
>
>if I send an infected messave with eicar.scr
>the recipient receive alway an attachment VirusWarnig.txt
>Is there a way to solve this problem ?

This is a problem with some email apps not handling in-line MIME sections
properly. MailScanner does it the way you are meant to, but some email apps
don't support it properly.

>Note :
>If the body of my message is empty
>The attachment has the name of the virus eicar.scr instead of
>VirusWarnig.txt

Oops, interesting...
Fortunately messages with totally empty bodies are quite rare so it's not a
major problem. You usually at least get a sig in the body, even if the user
didn't type anything.
--
Julian Field