IFRAME

Julian Field mailscanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Sun Feb 23 14:21:08 GMT 2003

At 13:59 23/02/2003, you wrote:
> [...]

Very few people use Object Codebase tags in mail. Using Version 4, you
could set them up to be rules so that mail containing IFrames (or Object
Codebase tags or both) could be permitted from a few "trusted" addresses
(such as the Daily Dilbert cartoon) and banned from everywhere else. The
other alternative is version 4 is to take messages containing either of
these tags and strip the HTML out of them, which leaves you the message
content but in a known safe form. People can still click on the links to
look at the pictures and so on which are held on a web server, while still
providing protection against attacks.
--
Julian Field