Newbie Question

Matt Kettler mkettler at EVI-INC.COM
Sat Feb 22 03:41:07 GMT 2003

Best done by the MTA, and the only way to issue a true, genuine reject
message in the "proper" way.

On a typical Linux/sendmail setup:

cd /etc/mail

add the following line to the file "access"
  10.10.10               REJECT " Access from this range of IPs is
prohibited "

run make, which will rebuild your access.db

then restart your copy of sendmail

This will cause them to fail to deliver mail, and you can customize the
quoted message to say whatever you want to them as an error message
following the rejection code.