Spamassassin 2.50 & SQL logging

Steve Freegard steve.freegard at LBSLTD.CO.UK
Fri Feb 21 17:09:12 GMT 2003

Julian,

I am in agreement with you on this - which I why am in the process of
getting the Board of Directors to approve the replacement of MIMEsweeper.

Granted - MailScanner doesn't have some of the UI that MIMEsweeper currently
has - but from a functionality and stability point MIMEsweeper sucks totally
- we regularly have stability issues, the UI leaks memory if you leave it on
the 'Recent Messages' screen, the 'Policy Editor' is dead-slow and doing
Sophos upgrades/IDE updates is a major pain and has to be done manually with
the services stopped otherwise the link to SAVI breaks, and all the mail
gets held off...

I am attempting to write some stuff to make the day-to-day running of
MailScanner easier for the Network Support people here who only know NT/2000
e.g. Releasing quarantined mail, monitoring the mail queues/delivery times,
producing detailed reports etc. hence the interest of writing to MySQL etc.

I'll make anything I come up with I'll happily make available to all.

MailScanner rocks Julian - don't let anyone else tell you otherwise...

Kind regards,
Steve.