Sophos related questions...

Quentin Campbell Q.G.Campbell at NEWCASTLE.AC.UK
Thu Feb 20 13:51:09 GMT 2003

Julian

Our "sophos-autoupdate" script stopped working recently because the
/etc/wgetrc file (on Linux RedHat) had been replaced and thus
information about our http proxy server lost.

The "lynx" command (actually a "wget -q -O- ..." command was eventually
timing out after 19(?) retries (since there was no route to the host)
and an attempt was then being made to unzip a non-existent
"n.nn_ide.zip" file by the sophos-autoupdate script!

Will your mods to the error reporting deal correctly with these sorts of
failures?

Quentin
---
PHONE: +44 191 222 8209    Computing Service, University of Newcastle
FAX:   +44 191 222 8765    Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom, NE1 7RU.