HTML-Parser won't compile on Solaris 2.6

Ed Tate etate01 at sun.hazelwood.k12.mo.us
Wed Feb 19 18:43:22 GMT 2003

I'm trying to upgrade mailscanner, spamassassin, et. al. to the latest
releases.  I was at version 3.22 of Mailscanner before this.

I'm running on a Sun Solaris 2.6, Perl 5.8, and gcc compiler.

Try as I might, I just cannot get HTML-Parser to compile and I don't have
enough experience with Perl to understand what to do.  I've tried changing
the compiler definitions to gcc as Julian suggests in his hints but that
doesn't help much either.  Version 2.25 of this compiles great but
SpamAssassin requires v3.  HTML-Tagset went without a hitch.

Any hints?

Thanks.

Here's what's happening:

# make
/opt/SUNWspro/bin/cc -c   -I/usr/local/include -I/opt/gnu/include
-D_LARGEFILE_S
OURCE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -O   -DVERSION=\"3.26\" -DXS_VERSION=\"3.26\"
-KPIC
 "-I/usr/local/lib/perl5/5.8.0/sun4-solaris/CORE"  -DMARKED_SECTION Parser.c

License Error : Cannot connect to the license server (sun)..
        for product(SPARCompiler C).
        (License server may not have been started)
cc: acomp failed for Parser.c
make: *** [Parser.o] Error 2
#

Ed Tate (etate01 at hazelwoodschools.org)