Old RBL problem

Stephe Campbell campbell at CNPAPERS.COM
Wed Feb 19 13:50:55 GMT 2003

Mr. Field,

I just wanted to update you on a problem that seemed to go on for ever which
we were discussing about RBL checks in MS and SA.
I was having a problem with SA not doing RBL checks and MS only checking for
the last relay, which would not suit my needs.

After watching the list for a while, another person was having the same
problem with SA not doing the RBL checks. The solution turned out to be the
version of Perl Net::DNS which was installed. For any who may be interested:

RedHat 7.3
sendmail 8.11.6-15
vimap (imap 2001a-10.virtual)
MailScanner 4.12-2
spamassassin 2.44
perl 5.6.1-34
perl Net::DNS 0.32-1  (0.31 would not work, though I never saw error
messages)

The perl module was all that needed changing to make it happen! Everything
is installed from RPMs where possible.

Thanks for the efforts you put into this problem and the efforts you and
everyone else have made to make MS possible.

Steve Campbell
campbell at cnpapers.com