f-prot sit down? Causing problems with autoupdate

Joe Quinn joe at QITC.CO.UK
Wed Feb 19 11:15:48 GMT 2003

Hi,

I noticed that we weren't getting email so tailed the maillog and nothing
was coming in so I did;

ps -auxw | grep -i mail

and noticed that the f-prot autoupdate was still trying to run. Does
MailScanner stop while the autoupdate is running?

When I checked the incoming mail queue there were plenty of emails but no
scanning was being done.

Anyway, I killed the autoupdate and now MailScanner is running again and we
are getting plenty emails.

Is this a problem with the autoupdate script? Perhaps a timeout if the
f-prot site is down?

Regards,

Joe
www.qitc.net