changing user and group

Lindsay Snider lindsay at pa.net
Tue Feb 18 23:07:11 GMT 2003

On the server I'm having difficulty setting the user/group id, I am also
running perl 5.6.1-34.99.6.  For me, the mailscanner is dieing on line 740 of
Sendmail.pm.  Line 740 reads:

unless (chdir $queuedirname) {

Within the 'unless', a log entry is posted and next is called.  However,
nothing within or after the loop gets executed.    I tried adding 'chdir
$queuedirname' a few lines before the 'unless' and that then too dies.  I
debug printed the chdir $queuedirname and switched to the directory as the
user in bash and it worked fine.  I also wrote a perl script that setuid's
and changes to the directory, that too worked.  Seems to be a perl bug.

Cameron, do you want to see if mailscanner is dieing at the same place for
you?  I'm not in a good position to upgrade my perl but if that is something
you can try, want to see if that helps?

Good luck!
lindsay